To be a welcoming worship community, where God's presence is felt and from which, we are sent to proclaim Christ’s love and serve others.Learn More >
Our Vision is to share God’s love with the people of our area, nation, and world and be a place where people from all walks of life can learn how to be a Beloved Community together.Learn More >
Providing a prayerful, learning environment that touches every heart and enriches every soul.
Doing God's work in our community and the world.
Sharing a Christ-centered relationship that welcomes, loves, and cares for each individual.
Offering social and spiritual interactivity, sharing the peace and love of Jesus Christ both within the church and beyond the doors of our church.
Celebrating over 150 years of the Anglican tradition in our community and creating the spiritual foundation and means to ensure the future of our parish family.
The community was first established on August 18, 1855, as Trinity Parish, with the Rev. Hanibal Pratt as minister. Around 1860 the name was changed to Saint James. Many congregants succumbed to a yellow fever epidemic in 1867, and the community suffered major floods in 1869 and 1870. Nevertheless, it continued to grow, meeting in an old school building it eventually outgrew.Learn More About Our History